Friday, July 18, 2008 @ 4:47 PM
Soaring High with Him


Sharing with you this song, STILL by Hillsong..

Hide me now under Your wings,
Cover me, within Your mighty hand
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You, above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God
Find rest my soul, In Christ alone
Know His power, In quietness and trust

Had our CG last night, I was asked to share the Word with the cell. The text was taken from Matt 4:12-25, message was on the ministry of Jesus, the call for the ministry (calling of the first disciples), and elements of the ministry.

As I was preparing, God has reminded me on my first encounter with Him. The time I first surrendered my life to Him, the first time experienced Him in my life. I was indeed in awe. Having the tot that I have forgotten this significant event in my life. Have I not treasure it? Yet loosing it? Not to share my battles & struggles, but again, it refreshes the memories.

Last night, I challenged the CG as how God spoke to me. We emphasized more on the ‘calling for the ministry’ where we channeled the calling to the calling of salvation in our lives. The first encounter with Christ.,. Although not all shared, not all can ‘remember’ that moment (seeing some struggling faces, hehe), in fact, God has actually challenged us to always remember D-day.

The above song came right into my mind, when we were talking about the struggles of lives. The decisions we are to make for the next path of our lives. I strongly believed that the song has actually ministered to us. when the oceans rise and thunders roar (sounds so scary, helpless, hopeless, depressing), I will soar with You above the storm (a step of faith to ‘radical’ obedient? To trust Him and sail with Him), Father, You are King over the flood (a declaration to the Almighty God), I will be still and know You are God (again another decision and acknowledgement towards the Creator, the Saviour)

Hence, we ended our sharing by encouraging one another to always always remember our first encounter with Christ. Which will indeed encourage us, strengthen us and renew our first love with Christ. It is just like whenever we face challenges in life, we should stop and look back to our past days, and all we see in our yesterdays is the Glory of God, then, there is nothing else hinders us to move on with Him. Soaring high with Him.

So my dear frens, forget anything else, remember your first encounter with Christ. Your first call. Your first love. And move on with a smile..

Isn’t God just soo wonderful.

1 Comments



profile



used to be quiet..but now QUIET NO MORE..

loving God..
loving people.. specially da Youthzz..
not forgeting Jagung(sweet corn)too..
working for God..
working for the people..specially da Youthzz..
Wanderer..
Thinker..
Wonderer..
DayDreamer..


thoughts

totz of wat I wish for my Blog..
be A place ..

* to give Glory to God;
* to know me MORE
* to learn wat i've gone thru
* for encouragementz & funz
* for precious momentz
* to inspire others
* to express myself, my inner totz
... and you tell me..


desire


"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek HIm in His temple."
~ Psalm 27:4


visitors

since june 01, 2008


tagboard





archives

March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
September 2009
October 2009
January 2010
August 2010



credits

Samantha Low :)