Saturday, April 19, 2008 @ 9:34 AM
How do You know Who's Right for You?


sharing from my devotion yesterday.
how only can we know who is the RIGHT one for us? Interesting right? hehe.. hmm.. Does God fix it? if He says Alan means Alan? why not Bruce or Charles? haha..well.. this was what i thought last time, but i've come to know that our God is a God who loves us so much that He will not force us to do something we do not like or want to do. It is a Choice. Dr James Dobson in his book 'Love for a Lifetime' calls it one of the most important choices we can make. Our choice of marriage partner affects our children, our grandchildren, and the surrounding Christian community. WOW!! Have you thought about that before?

must Jagung marry a Jagung? if Jagung goes well with Butter, can't Jagung marries Butter, or some prefer Mayonise, or longan, cincau..? i dun think you can marry ABC lar.. haha.. too crowded liao..wahahah.. adui.. my stomach bising ady..often after few years of marriage, when things don't go as expected, we will then turn to God and ask Him why him why her? why us in this situation? putting blame on Him and him/her.. bla bla bla and all kinds. at the end of the day, we said 'i should never have married him. it was a huge mistake!' then, is it a mistake? i think after hearing and reading from various teachers of the Law, i doubt, most of the time we want to find the Mr Right or Miss Right..but we failed to understand that.. it is US! WE are the one who need to be the Mr Right or Miss Right, in my case. I need to love my husband, submit to my husband, be his good friend and be the one who willing to spend my whole life with.. like in the marriage vow, 'I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.' My understanding.. it is 'I, ME, MYSELF' need to work out my life with the one i chose. if the marriage is not right..then.. make it right, mend it together, and enjoy the process. we often expect others to change first. but here it says likewise.

so, for those newly wed, those married long time liao de.. those dating.. those walking into the red carpet..those seeking and waiting... ask yourself whether you are the right one for each other. and Ask God whether you can build a marriage that is a true blessing to both partners. James 1:5 says 'if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives generously without finding faults...' and pray that God will guide us into marraiges that truly bring honour to Christ. Amen.

1 Comments



profile



used to be quiet..but now QUIET NO MORE..

loving God..
loving people.. specially da Youthzz..
not forgeting Jagung(sweet corn)too..
working for God..
working for the people..specially da Youthzz..
Wanderer..
Thinker..
Wonderer..
DayDreamer..


thoughts

totz of wat I wish for my Blog..
be A place ..

* to give Glory to God;
* to know me MORE
* to learn wat i've gone thru
* for encouragementz & funz
* for precious momentz
* to inspire others
* to express myself, my inner totz
... and you tell me..


desire


"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek HIm in His temple."
~ Psalm 27:4


visitors

since june 01, 2008


tagboard





archives

March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
September 2009
October 2009
January 2010
August 2010



credits

Samantha Low :)